Monday, May 23, 2011

Leg Two of Three

Sunday, May 22nd, 2011

Hello

I have managed to  meet so very interesting people on this flight.

I am on the isle (thanks Connor for arranging that) and am sitting next to two Canadian girls who are visiting their Dad who works in Ethiopia.  They have never been to Africa but hear it is amazing.  I wish I was able to spend some time their and see the country.  

We just ate dinner, it was so good.  I love Ethiopian food.  This past academic year I traveled with a few students from Saint Joseph's University to Washington D.C. to attend the Ecumenical Advocacy Days.  The theme of the conference was women empowerment and justice.  For dinner one night we went to a great Ethiopian restaurant and had a taste of Ethiopia.  The food was wonderful but little did we know we would need a bathroom in the morning.  I just ate curry chicken and am starting to hope I don't feel the need for a bathroom when I get to Malawi.  Where did I put those tummy….oh they are in the cargo bin…. 

I have been a favorite with the flight attendants, all of who are Ethiopian.  I don't know if it's my brown nosing ability or just my polite smile,  I just went back up for my third Merlot from France.  I did not know drinks were free.  Where is Katie and Justine when I need them!  I saw three attendants talking with two Ethiopian nationals and managed to go up to them and ask about their language and told them why I was traveling.  I asked why they were in the USA and they told me they were doing research for the International Health Organization in Washington, D.C.  I wonder who else I will manage to meet.

I still have eight more hours on this flight.  We are currently crossing the Atlantic and have been in the sky for five hours and traveled 3223 miles.  Each seat has it own touch screen TV with movies, music, games, and skymap.  We are currently over the Atlantic and I would say in a bout two hours we will be crossing through Spain/France.

Well, finally, it has just become dark outside so I think it's time for me to take some Melatonin and try and sleep a few hours before breakfast is served.

Look for an update on leg three.

Hope you all had a wonderful day.

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment