Sunday, May 22, 2011

Leg One of Three

Hello Everyone

Well I just landed at Dulles International Airport in Virginia.

After some minor confusion as to where exactly the gate would be located, I managed to find Ethiopian Airs.  The airport was very quiet this morning.  I was the first one to arrive at my gate prior to departure for Ethiopia.  The staff was waiting for the air craft to arrive from Ethiopia.  Upon arrival, many citizens entered the airport and were directed to US Customs.  I also witnessed two Caucasian couples with an African American child with them.  Had they just returned with their adopted child?

As I sit in this cafe and enjoy my last meal in the USA, (two scrambled organic eggs, whole wheat toast, and grass fed bacon) I am getting ready to begin the journey of a lifetime.

The past three years working with the MicroLoan Foundation and seeding microfinance clubs across Massachusetts is really starting to mean something to me as I prepare to see the direct work of the foundation in their mission to alleviate poverty as well as work on an exciting task through the MicroVenture Program.

Will write more after leg three of three.

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment