Friday, May 20, 2011

Packing for Africa

Hello

Well, my trip is two days away and feelings of excitement and doubt are sweeping my mind.  Will I make my connecting flight from Ethiopia to Malawi?  Can I call my family more than once a week?  What will my living conditions be like?  Will I manage to do a great job on my assignment?

The past few days have been spent packing and spending time with family and close friends.  When leaving for college I managed to pack a pile of pictures of myself, my family, and friends so I always had images to show people I met at school.  I have done the same for this trip.  I know when I am lonely and afraid, I can turn to the images of the people so near and dear to me for comfort, encouragement, and motivation.  

I just finished day 7 of 7 of my Typhoid Vaccine Capsule and started day 1 of 81 of my Anti-Malaria, Malarone!  

Look for more information on Malarone and Malaria in the next coming days as well as my packing list!

Till Tomorrow

Jimmy


        



No comments:

Post a Comment