Monday, May 30, 2011

First Night in My New Home

Good Morning

Had a wonderful first night in the guest house.  

Last night I had dinner with the five others from MicroLoan that are staying here as well.  Following we watched some football (soccer), news, and I introduced them to the Jersey Shore.  It was great when Nina said, "what is this garbage."  

All my clothes were washed and ironed perfectly and were waiting outside my door when I awoke.  Elaine and John told me breakfast was at 7:30 but when I walked outside my room that was not the case.  They had all finished.  They must have given me the wrong time.  I had a small breakfast of tea, cornflakes, and coconut biscuits and was off for work.  Elaine waited for me and we walked to work together.  The walk consists of small paths for bikes, mopeds, and walking by foot.  It goes right through the backyards of some living in the area so it was great seeing the children's faces as they saw "mzungu" walking through their yard.  This little boy, who we also saw yesterday, followed us and screamed "hello, give me money!"  I may give the boy one of the notebook pads I brought along with me from my dads company but I don't want to walk back tomorrow and have him expecting something else or even worse, have the entire village children waiting for something as well.  I'll need to think about this one.

Elaine and I stopped in at the hardware store in the center of town before heading to MicroLoan HQ.  She is a designer in the UK that has done projects all over Africa, India and China.  Currently she is consulting for MicroLoan and working with our MicroVentures clients on sewing training.  She needed glue for the notebooks she was teaching the clients how to make today!  

Well off to continue work on registering myself, Paolo, Gerald, our three Regional Managers and all our 21 Brach Mangers on the Esoko software.

MIss you all!

Enjoy your day!

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment